Saturday, September 1, 2007

Lessons Learnt

I am halfway through my last year of school......and I love it. its not just my educational institute that pleases me theres more to it. All those lessons you are meant to learn....and the laughter.

The last one month has been awesome. Busy but tons of fun- Sports and all the hard work and then Dramatics....all the running around ad finally winning!! Not to mention the hatrick in the play!!

And the laughter.

But I would be lying if I said that it has been all laughter. I know there have been a lot of tears.

At the start of the year I knew what i wanted when I left school-wonderful memories of the twelfth standard,my last year at school.And I have got it.Not because only amazing things have been happening but because that's the way I want it.

I have tons of friends, I guess you could say I am social but I am crazy deranged about some of them. The ones who live in my house almost all the time,the ones who are scared of my mommy,the ones who taught me the lessons I have learnt,the ones who defined and redefined friendship for me.....you know who you are ...I don't need to tell you...It goes deeper than that....You are the people I care about, the ones I respect and tell everything.

Yes I know some of you are thinking "Shes talking like they are perfect, she needs to learn that no body's perfect". Your right nobody is perfect but these fools are perfect....for me.

They do have their flaws...one of them being that they care too much about everyone else....yes, they do take saving the world into their own hands...I love them for it...but remember the tears I was talking about....this is where they come in......I have learnt lessons this year...this month....lessons that have shattered, reinforced and sometimes even completely altered my perspective on life.

I have learnt that you cannot please everyone.
I have learnt that true friends are harder to find then the proverbial needle in the haystack.
I have learnt that friendship does not mean the same thing to everybody.
I have learnt that five great friends are 1000.22 times better than 30 fun-friends.
I have learnt to work hard in what i believe in.
I have learnt to believe in honesty and my friends.
I have learnt to know what and who is important and give them priority.
I have learnt to love.
I have learnt to live.
I have grown up.

They may not seem like life's lessons but I believe they are lessons worth learning. I have the best things in life and they are not material. They took time to make, seconds to break but when I fixed them it was worth every bit of effort cause now they are better than ever.

2 comments:

atul said...

hey these latest posts, they're fabulous! i read them all, but since i don't know most (sorry, ANY) of your friends, i really couldn't say much. but yeah i totally agree with "dhiya's ten commandments thingy". esp the bit about friends. i wrote a similar post when i finished school.. and friends have made that journey of 12 years MUCH MUCH more fun. but the thing about the few better than many. thats 100.23% true (yeah i know that figure would give an eco student creeps. but still.)

good going! do keep in touch :)

johnny boy said...

Loved the confidence coming through the post! Dhiya, of late you have been talking a loooooot of sense! :-)

Nice to know that you got some amazing friends! All i can say is, hold on to em for life.. Your school friends are usually the ones who go the distance with you! I am sure they share the same emotions about you as well.. Rock on!